Should I start worrying about peculiar recording problem?

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
Good morning to y'all.

I am having an issue with watching a recording that is still taking place.
In the past this was not a problem. For instance, I would start a recording. It would start and continue till the end. If I skipped commercials tv eventually would show 'live tv' on the screen and skipping commercials wouldn't be possible.

I set up Hopper3 to record soccer tournament on Fox. One game was still recording. Few days ago. About 55 minutes into the game, I selected to watch from the beginning. (I always add 60 extra minutes to soccer games.) The screen turned black and stayed black as if I turned the TV off! This was not a problem in the past. A tv connected to Joey 2. Pressing different buttons on remote (to go to live tv and start all over) did nothing. Unresponsive.
I unplugged Joey 2. Waited and plugged it back. That didn't help. I assumed the issue was with Hopper3 instead. I turned the TV connected to Hopper3. Must remind you the game was still being recorded. Exactly same result. Blank screen!
I could hear my wife watching a different recording upstairs on TV connected to kitchen Joey2! Entering channel numbers on remote would not take me to live tv. Very strange. Unplugging and replugging Hopper3 did not help.

I waited until the recording was done. I selected the same recording with Joey 2 (on my daily tv, the first one) and it was fine.
This happened at least twice.
What does this mean? Software glitch? Hopper3 dying? I also noticed changing channels on live tv or selecting a recording is taking extra few seconds. Hopper3 seems a bit slower.

Anybody had a similar experience? I believe it is too early to ask for equipment replacement.

Thanks.

Good morning to y'all.

I am having an issue with watching a recording that is still taking place.
In the past this was not a problem. For instance, I would start a recording. It would start and continue till the end. If I skipped commercials tv eventually would show 'live tv' on the screen and skipping commercials wouldn't be possible.

I set up Hopper3 to record soccer tournament on Fox. One game was still recording. Few days ago. About 55 minutes into the game, I selected to watch from the beginning. (I always add 60 extra minutes to soccer games.) The screen turned black and stayed black as if I turned the TV off! This was not a problem in the past. A tv connected to Joey 2. Pressing different buttons on remote (to go to live tv and start all over) did nothing. Unresponsive.
I unplugged Joey 2. Waited and plugged it back. That didn't help. I assumed the issue was with Hopper3 instead. I turned the TV connected to Hopper3. Must remind you the game was still being recorded. Exactly same result. Blank screen!
I could hear my wife watching a different recording upstairs on TV connected to kitchen Joey2! Entering channel numbers on remote would not take me to live tv. Very strange. Unplugging and replugging Hopper3 did not help.

I waited until the recording was done. I selected the same recording with Joey 2 (on my daily tv, the first one) and it was fine.
This happened at least twice.
What does this mean? Software glitch? Hopper3 dying? I also noticed changing channels on live tv or selecting a recording is taking extra few seconds. Hopper3 seems a bit slower.

Anybody had a similar experience? I believe it is too early to ask for equipment replacement.

Thanks.
Since latest software update I've had similar issues but if you go back to dvr and start the recirding a second time, for me, it always starts playing the second time.

Reactions: charlesrshell
f you go back to dvr
That was the first thing I tried. The remote was unresponsive. Pressing DVR or back (live tv?) button does nothing. I ended up looking at black screen for a long time. The only thing that works is turning Joey2 off with remote.
Here's the strange thing: While Hopper3 is still recording 6:30 pm national news (20-25 minutes into 32 minute recording) I can select that recording from DVR, start from the beginning and be able to skip commercials.
Yet, an almost 3 hour soccer recording does not let me start from watching while it is still recording. When it is done I can. I should add DVR is about 40 % full.

It sounds like a software update, not a Hopper3 (that I lease) issue.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Hopper 3 Software H376

Dish bundles in Netflix