Sharp making Blue Diodes to help with shortage...

There hopefully will be a huge demand. I hope that eventually cheap all format players arrive at a reasonable price. That plus computer drives could make millions of these diodes needed each month.

Nice find Stuart628. Since Sharp is in the BluRay camp I see this as more evidence that BluRay is going to flood the market by next Christmas. Lets hope they can get out a few lower cost (under $400) BluRay players for the masses by next Christmas. If that happens there will not be a need for a all format player as in BluRay/HD-DVD combo player.

Until the may the decide on one format there will always be a need for a combo player. I would not mind if both formats stayed around as long as combo players were available. Hopefully it will be some time in 2007.

Hey Jag, is there any releases for HD DVD after feb. of next year I cant find any yet, and I am being serious I am not being a smart A$$

I dont think they would give up that easily would they erickson? and you know more then me on this subject...but with no releases planned, and some blu rays announced (with some majore disney ones happening) it does seem strange!

Nah- things are looking up for Blu-ray, but surely not so much the HD-DVD camp will fold up tents and steal away into the night.

Unless Sony et al made them an offer they can't refuse. Like a super duper royalties deal they can't pass up. Now THERES a rumor. Nah, not a chance.

How do you know whether a movie is shot in HD or if its an upconvert?

Petition for HD DVD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts