SG2100 arc problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Well, my franken-reciever is working for the moment.. and my motor is sort of working, but I have run into Arc issues..

I cant get USALS to work at all, and I havent figured out DiSEqC 1.2 really.. right now I am moving the dish until I see quality, and then "bumping" it each direction to fine tune.

I sucessfully picked up IA5 and G3C using this method, however when I try to motor west to get G10, I get nothing... It seems after about 110 degrees or so, anything further west the signal level drops to about 50-60 and I cant seem to pull anything else in.

I cant really check east, as the only thing east of me is 61.5..

For reference, on G3R, I get Signal 75 Quality 80+, and on IA5.. Signal 70 Quality 60-80

I guess my question is, is this a motor elevation issue, or a dish elevation issue?

Hmm mine's the opposite - Better signal to IA5.

That could be a location / dish issue too.

I would guess motor elevation because the declination setting changes as per that.

With reguards to USALS / DiSEqC 1.2, are you bumping / moving the dish with 1.2 right now or doing it manually at the motor? With 1.2 that's pretty much all there is to it. It just remembers wherever you had the dish set when you save the settings.

Is USALS not moving the motor or does it move and you see nothing?

USALS does nothing.. I am moving/bumping with DiSEqC 1.2, however, shouldnt it move from bird to bird using that too?

ultatryon said:
USALS does nothing.. I am moving/bumping with DiSEqC 1.2, however, shouldnt it move from bird to bird using that too?
It should once you save say G10R, IA-5, etc.

On my setup the DiSEqC 1.0 picks the LNB and 1.2 or USALS (depending on the sat) points the dish. I used 1.2 to point my E*7 and when I tune to say NASA channel on E*7 the dish moves from wherever it was to where I saved it.

If USALS isn't moving the dish at all, then something isn't right.

Shawn95GT said:
If USALS isn't moving the dish at all, then something isn't right.

I agree :)

I will putz around with it tomorrow morning a bit, and see what I can get out of it.

ultatryon said:
I agree :)

I will putz around with it tomorrow morning a bit, and see what I can get out of it.
Double check your 'Antenna location'. If I dial in like 70E or something rediculous (at least what it feels is out of range) the reciever / motor does absolutely nothing. I found this out trying to gun for 177W - lol.

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

just recieved my new pansat 2700a

can I get network channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts