Setup of 811

jditton

Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
We just got a HDTV and got the 811 to replace our 501. Do we need to re-position our dish to receive more HD programing or is it fine just set up for dish 500. Also is the 921 worth the cost we are going to miss being able to record programs, we receive all or channels from dish.
TIA

jditton said:
We just got a HDTV and got the 811 to replace our 501. Do we need to re-position our dish to receive more HD programing or is it fine just set up for dish 500. Also is the 921 worth the cost we are going to miss being able to record programs, we receive all or channels from dish.
TIA

Hi jditton, Welcome to Satellite Guys!

You do not need to reposition your dish. If you subscribed to the HD Pack all the channels included can be received via Dish 500. Unless you have need to record HD content I would hold off on the 921 purchase for now.

Do you still have your 501? If so it is possible to have both the 811 and 501 connected to your HD set. I have both a 508 and 811 connected to my set with each connected to a separate input. I use the 811 to watch HD and still have my 508 to record SD content. If you decide to use both receivers you will require an extra line from your dish and possibly additional hardware depending on your current LNB/Switch setup.

If you do decide to go with a 921 check out the power buy here...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/announcement.php?f=46

NightRyder

Would like to add that you can record shows with a 811 by using a VCR, DVD-Recorder, or PVR, However the shows you record will not be HDTV and will be at 480i output resolution. To do this just hook your recording device to the Composite or S-Video outputs of the 811, no need to toggle these outputs on or off because the 811's SD and HD outputs are active simultaneously.

Hope this helps,
Jason

DP301 Forgot Password. Help!

Time to hop in the DeLorean........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)