Setup of 2700A & Diseqc Acuator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
I have searched high & low on the 'net' looking for exact step by step instructions as to how to operate a diseqc 1.2 actuator with a Pansat 2700A but I have failed.

I initially got things hooked up and was able to move the dish east and west, but somewhere along the line my setup just quit and won't work again. The owner's manual for my Pansat is absolutely worthless on this topic. Can anyone lend advice. Is it possible that by pushing too may buttons on the remote I have locked up both east/west limits on the actuator, as when I try to manually move the dish I hear the click inside the motor housing but no movement. Also, how can a person 'clear' all position settings for a given satellite location, i.e. SBS6 is sat. setting '43' under the diseqc 1.2 menu............please help!

By jove, I think I've got it!

Believe me when I tell you that you cannot find ONE topic on how to program a Pansat 2700A to run a diseqc 1.2 actuator...........trust me I spent days upon days researching the 'net' but with no results.

I finally said the heck with it, I'll just keep troubleshooting till I get somewhere. After several days and attempts I finally achieved success. I can now swing from AMC1 to SBS6. Initially, after 'eye-balling' getting the polar mount aimed at true (at least for my location) south, I started scanning the arc was able to pick up all birds from east to west. I had kept track of my signal levels prior to motorizing, so I felt I was still losing some signal. The only adjustment I had to make was rotating the polar mount about 2-degrees counterclockwise and that did it! I'm getting 60 on WVGN to the west and 70 on Ohio News to the east. I've watched some analog news feeds from vaious sats. also with NO SPARKLIES. I ran the whole works into my diseqc 4x1 (also have G10 w/ 2nd P* dish) and still lost no signal. My cable run is about 75' but I have the diseqc switch in between, as well as two in-line coax connectors before it goes to my wall plate in the living room. I'll take some pictures when time permits.

A special thanks to Cascade for the equipment, but no thanks to Pansat for, what has to be the worst instruction manual ever produced (perhaps F.EM.A. was in charge) :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I have a viewsat vs 2000..need help

no audio on imagin asiantv galaxy 10r

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)