Setting up a Second Dish for locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
I have local channels in my area however they are on a seperate dish. I believe 72. I have a phase III dish now. What multiswitch do I need to get in order to add another dish to the system? I already have a voom dish mounted on the roof, will that work or do I need a regular dish?

I just switched back to D* after my cable bill was getting so darn high and crappy picture quality. It's nice to be back! Did the entire install myself and it felt great to do everything my way. :) It wasn't easy getting all the equipment though. Bestbuy told me I couldn't do an install myself. Finally went to Circuit City and talked to someone that had a clue. It's really frustrating when these "sales" people have no clue. I bought an hd reciever and they tried switching it with a normal box when I went to pick it up. I had to convince the clerk it wasn't a hd box. geesh!

ok cool! thanks for the info. Ya I will most likely install it myself. tired of having installers who have no clue. I wired my whole house with mutiple cables per outlet and actually have a nice wire closet. it scares every installer so I do it myself. he he

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What is considered a distant market?

Staying w/ D*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)