Set-Up with Invacom QPH-031

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
Well, I got my Invacom QPH-031 today and of course, I have questions. I bought this LNB as my TS sat is Echo 7. My receiver is a Coolsat Pro. It appears as though I have to commit each sat separately to a port. On the Dish settings screen, which Diseqc setting do I use? I have a Coolsat switch. Which port on the switch should I use for the Echo and Direct TV sites and which for the others. Do I need to commit the cband sats to a particular port as I'm only using ku FTA? What is the uncommitted setting for? Are there any other changes I need to make with this LNB? I was told by someone that I need to set it as a "single" and not universal. Is this correct? What frequency should I use. Is the same frequemcy used for the circular sats (Echo, etc) as well as the regular sats? Will my Echo sats pick up a signal from both the linear and circular ports? Should I stick with just setting up the Echo sat at first and then set up the other sats? I know this is a ton of questions....Any help with the setup of this LNB would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! :)

Let's get one thing clear I don't want to be misunderstood on this. I'm only interested in FTA. I'm using Echo 7 as my TS sat to try to set up my motor properly as my lat is 119. I felt I had to make this clear.

Well, your DiSEqC settings will depend on the way you have it connected..

If you have a DiSEqC 2x1 or 4x1 switch connected up, one to C and one to L.. then whichever port is connected to C, you would need to setup for the Circular birds, such as the Echostar and Nimiq birds, all others should be set to whatever is connected to L. Same goes for a 22k switch.

The linear side L.O. setting should be 10750 as its a STANDARD.

The circular side L.O. should be 11250

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know that Nimiq was circular. I also didn't know that the circular side LO should be 11250. That explains a lot. Also, on the Coolsat Dish Settings, it allows me to turn "on" or "off" 22KHz. Should I leave it on or off? Another member also suggested that I use Sat-Mex instead as my TS sat. I may do that as well, but I thought I'd give the Echo TS sat one more try as I already bought the dual LNB. Do I list all sat LNB's as "single" with this LNB? Thanks again! Back on the roof after class today.

sidekick said:
Thanks for the replies. I didn't know that Nimiq was circular. I also didn't know that the circular side LO should be 11250. That explains a lot. Also, on the Coolsat Dish Settings, it allows me to turn "on" or "off" 22KHz. Should I leave it on or off? Another member also suggested that I use Sat-Mex instead as my TS sat. I may do that as well, but I thought I'd give the Echo TS sat one more try as I already bought the dual LNB. Do I list all sat LNB's as "single" with this LNB? Thanks again! Back on the roof after class today.

22k should be "off" as you are running a Diseqc switch only if I read you right. With the new LNB you should have no problem at all using Echo as your TS. With the Coolsat "Standard" = "Single".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

double audio on tvk

Not having much luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)