set up HR10-250 for 95 sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Handyman

Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
I have world direct dish with 3 wires coming out. Wires connected to Eagle Aspen 4X8 switch. I have connected Hr10-250 to the switch. However, I cannot enter satellite no. 95 in the set up. It toggles between 101 and 119. I tried all 3 dish types (round, oval with 2 and 3 LNBs). Need guidance. Thanks

This switch worked fine with R15. R15 got bad and bought used HR10-250. Need to change the setting on receiver.

As Smith said, you need the Zinwell 6x8 MS for the 95 sat. Then you will have to run the autodetect from the satellite settings menu to find the sat.

The 4x8 switch does not process the 95 sat as a flex port, thus connecting the 3rd cable to it makes the switch think it is looking at the 110/119 sats, depending upon which voltage input it's connected to. This could have also been the problem with the R15.

I guess nobody bothered to read the part about this switch working on the OLD receiver at one time... :confused:

Sorry, but both 4x4 AND 4x8 switches WILL work on the WorldDirect (oval) dish, as long as you are NOT trying to combine with either an oval or 5LNB dish, &/or a 72.5 dish. As long as the 95 LNB goes into the 18V 22k side of the switch, it works fine, guarantee it!
(FYI - you CAN also use these same switches to combine 101 & 72.5 birds as well - do it ALL the time up here ;) ;) )

Handyman - you need to run auto-detect on your HD Tivo & it WILL find the 95 bird. Once you do this, it will come up on your signal test screen.

Thanks a million dishrich. You got the point about switch working on previous receiver. Now the question is how do I run autodetect? Sorry, I ran through guided set-up, but could not find autodetect. Pl. help me. Thanks

Thanks a million dishrich. You got the point about switch working on previous receiver. Now the question is how do I run autodetect? Sorry, I ran through guided set-up, but could not find autodetect. Pl. help me. Thanks

Press Tivo button at top, go to Messages & Settings>Settings>Sat & Off-Air Ant>Auto-Detect Sat Info

(sorry I just got this, been working on my own dish farm this PM... :) )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SD: NBA LP works fine.. HD: 727 Error

Directtv with out contract?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts