Service address in Canand, but equipment delivery and billing address in US

NEOSG

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
East Amherst, NY
My Dad is thinking of getting one of the Canadian Sat services for his cottage in Ontario. He does not want to have to be at the cottage for delivery of the equipment. Rather, he would like it sent to his house stateside, and he will install at his convenience.

Also, since his credit card uses his US address for billing, will the Canadian Sat companies allow him to have a Canadian address for service, but a US address for billing.

Note, I am not looking for broker info for him, as he has a legit address in Canada. Worst case scenario, is he jumps through some hoops with the Sat provider for delivery and his CC company billing address info.

Any idea if they will ship and bill stateside for an Ontario service address?

He would have a smoother situation if he purchased the equipment in Canada at a box store when he comes up.

My Dad is thinking of getting one of the Canadian Sat services for his cottage in Ontario. He does not want to have to be at the cottage for delivery of the equipment. Rather, he would like it sent to his house stateside, and he will install at his convenience.

Also, since his credit card uses his US address for billing, will the Canadian Sat companies allow him to have a Canadian address for service, but a US address for billing.
best thing to do is set up account on auto CC pay and don't get a paper bill. I don't know if they would send a bill to the US.

Note, I am not looking for broker info for him, as he has a legit address in Canada. Worst case scenario, is he jumps through some hoops with the Sat provider for delivery and his CC company billing address info.

Any idea if they will ship and bill stateside for an Ontario service address?
most of the places that sell equipment want an agreement. Check out www.kusat.com (they're in Montreal) and see what they can do. I know they can ship it but I don't know about the contract.

Neither service will do it.

SC installs the dish at no charge in Canada. The stores do not have dishes. What he needs to have it installed at his cottage by SC. This will be his service address. If this a ways from a major city or town, SC will want to send the dish.

Pay an extra $49, the installer will bring a second dish for your father to install at his "vacation" home in the US. After the service is activated, go to online payment and use any credit card.

As for Bell, you will have to show a Canadian drivers licence at a retail store.

Other option is use Kusat online, but freight will be higher than picking up in Canada.

I got my whole StarChoice setup from kusat.com, shipped it here to South Carolina, had to pay a UPS customs fee around $29...installed it here myself, called and activated it with StarChoice myself, and I have my account on paperless billing, credit card autopay, and have not had any problems, I go online to change programming and sometimes call them. I have access to PPV and a DVR as well. kusat.com has the whole setup and the dish for starchoice, I can't speak for bellvu.

I seriously recommend kusat.com!

Be sure you tell starchoice you are installing the dish yourself and that you have experience with installations.

Which Bell sat is weaker?

Full Expressvu current Channel Lineup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts