Searching for Sat. Problem !!!

unlv

Original poster
Apr 18, 2005
I have a Dish 500 2800 Reciever , I had no problems for over 2 years now, but recently I've been losing my signal for 2 days and then I will get it back for a day or so then back to no signal ! ! There is no objects in the way at all, so I did a switch test & I get just 119 and x's in 110 . So I called a local Sat. dealer and he asked me where I keep my switch and I told him on the outside wall by my reciever ! This was during the winter ! So he said to try and heat it up and keep it inside and it worked for a while ,but now it's back to no signal again! It seems to be very intermittent ! I disconnect the switch then connect it and do a signal test , and it says everything veryfied! But after about 10 minutes back to no signal ! Is this a sign of a bad switch ? Should I go and purchase a SW-21 ? Please Help !!

You can get an sw21. But, it's just a cheap to get a used legacy twin off of eBay. It has a lot less problems than the sw21 with its exposed connections.

Unh. You guys are ass-u-me-ing that his D500 is a Legacy double-Dual setup.

A 2 year old install is not likely to be that - but now "I" am assuming it's only 2 years old.

Then again, a 2800 is a lt older than 2 years.

UNLV: Whatcha got there for real?

Dish Network installs and dual tuner backfeeds question

Newbie and New Dish Customer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)