SD Picture Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steady34

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
I was hoping someone can help me out. I have a Sony HD300 receiver and KDF60XBR950 television. I'm using the DVI cable to hook to the TV. My HD and DVD(SVideo) picture are incredible, however the SD picture is horrible. I also have an analog cable(coax) signal which looks better than the SD Directv.

Should I be using another connection to get a better SD picture. I would think the Directv digital signal should be much better than the analog cable. The DTV signal used to be better on my old RCA receiver than the cable, but now is a little worse.

Is this a Sony HD300 problem or connection problem?

I have seen here and been told by others that they use DVI / Component for HD programming and S-Video SD programming to obtain the best picture quality. I have two receivers in my Living Room, one is the Hughes HTL-HD, which is hooked up via component video, I do not have poor SD picture quality but it is stretched unless I switch modes to Standard. I also have a Hughes HDVR2 (TiVo) which is hooked up with S-Video, I prefer to watch my HTL-HD even for SD ... but alas, no time-shifting on the HTL-HD so it is a matter of options :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Samsung TS-360 poor ota reception?

tree advice needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts