Scart adaptor on Sathawk/Solmend 800

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
Anyone with the Sathawk knows that setting the resolution to 1080i , also sets the composite output resolution to that illegal value, so the composite output doesn't work. You have to set the main Video res to 480i to get the composite output to work correctly.
Has anyone used a SCART adaptor on the Sathawk, and had any different results than I've described ? I'd like to use both composite out to a small TV (480i) and the hdmi at 1080i at the same time. Doesn't seem likely , unless the SCART method will work.
I know that the Azbox works fine on all outputs, but that rascal Iceberg talked me out of my Elite ! :) ( Okay, so maybe it was a little broke ! )
:)

Thanks Green One,
You got me thinking about devices, so I did some googling on " component to composite" converters, since my problem is getting the 1080i output of my Sathawk displayed somehow on my 480i TV ( just for monitoring blindscan ) , while I watch something else on the HDTV . I pulled the trigger on one such device which may ( or may not) hit the spot. We'll see.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hunting eastern end of Arc

Air Show

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)