Sathawk 3000 whats so good about it, and how will this help me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abasmohamed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Hello, I am thinkin of getting sathawk3000 meter, in a month or so, i am saving money now, but i still don't understand how it works??

and i am just a newbie so, don't laugh or any thing like that.

I know its a satellite finder, but i mean whats the difference, between using this, or installing my dish manually, I mean, when i am doing my dish without a meter, if i have a quality and signal i can see it through my reciever, the meter bars, and isn't it the same thing when i am using this meter, accept it will be on the meter, i mean is it like going to tell you exactly where to point ur dish at?? don't you still have to move your dish around, and stuff??

so how is this better, how does it make the job easier??

and also, i was looking at the list of satellites and it does not have hispasat 1 c in there? why is that, i think it said it can have upto 120 satellites in there,

can you add any satellite you want like hispasat, or it only works on certain satellites, this are some of the questions i have right now

how much will this help me??
thank you

I have the Sathawk3000, or to be exact the version before. It comes preloaded with satellites and you can't add any to it, other than downloading the latest list from their web site. It is a positive satellite identification meter. All it is really is a very small receiver with a few TP. stored from each listed satellite. Unless you are a professional satellite installer your receiver will do exactly the same thing with ANY satellite of your choice. Don't get me wrong this is the BEST tool I have in my arsenal but its a very expensive way to point a dish once or twice . If you can see the TV from your dish save your money and use that!

We have updated the datafile for the SatHawk 3000 today. Now the Datafile contains almost all of NA satellites (both KU and C-Band). Plus in the same file you will have support for Universal and Standard LNBFs for most of the satellites.

To get the latest datafile, go to the download section here: www.sathawk.tv

If you have the Channel Master 1009IFD, or the SignalLOC Pro, you maybe able to use the same datafile, but we make no warrantees or claims it will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Finally got my bud recabled and my corotor attached to my bud

Digiwave Diamond and Satellite capacity of 64 entries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts