Status
Please reply by conversation.

DiscoLoveGrapes

Zero Transponder Founded
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 14, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
I've been reading a bit through the archives here as I finally decide on a few purchases. One thing I stumbled across was the comment that a Universal LNBF would not work with most SatFinders. Sadoun has the SF-95, which claims to work with a Universal, but some comments have suggested otherwise.

Can someone please give me an opinon one way or the other??

I believe you need to be scanning a linear signal, which is almost always the case anyway. If you scan a circular (cubavision on PS-9?), it may not work.

The one we sell works fine with UNIVERSAL or STANDARD lnbs since it passes the 22KHz tone without any problem. We have specifically asked that from the factory.

I don't know about other satfinders sold in the market.

The SF-95 works perfectly with universal LNBs as long as you send the LNB a 22khz tone.. this would be done in the reciever.. for example, I would set my reciever to a LO of 10600 and the 22k on, and use that instead of the Universal setting.

If you wanted to search for a lowband signal, such as Cubavision, then you would not want to send the LNB the 22k, so that it selects the low band..

the L-band downconvert is what the meter looks for, so as long as the lnb is set to the right band, its all good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BS.. or?

Dish is up and running!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)