satellite receivers

msinglink

Original poster
Apr 18, 2005
I am interested in adding another receiver to my dish 500 system. Is it possible to add a receiver that is a different brand? I have seen plenty at garage sales and auctions and they are a dime a dozen or do I have to have a dish authorized one because of the smart cart? :eek:

You need a DishNetwork receiver, whether it's labeled as a Phillips, JVC, or RCA. If you have a DishPro LNB on your Dish 500, you want to make sure the receiver also has the DishPro logo or you're going to spend more on the Legacy adapter than you might spend on the bargain receiver.

Every dish network reciever i have ever seen is made by echostar. You can use any (dishnetwork)reciever model if your 500 dish is a legacy model, if you have a 500 pro you would need a pro adapter for older e* equipment. Anything with a brand name(sony,panasonic,hughes,phillips) is directv. also- if you buy a garage sale unit, dish network will check the serial # to see if there is a balance due, an will not activate it until it is paid.

Thanks for your response. I now know that I will have to be careful when and if I choose a second hand receiver.

AC phone jacks???

My SuperSish 121W Install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)