Please reply by conversation.

saidias

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Ok, I am confused...

Take at look at this.

http://www.ses-americom.com/satellites/amc-9_kuband_eirp_and_frequency.html

I see these kinds of pages for all the birds up there. It appears to be a table that gives you all the frequencies for a particular bird.

Question - If I put only those frequencies in my receiver, will I never have todo a blind scan for new transponders? (onlyhave to scan for new channels)

Question - Why do I have signal on a frequency that isn't on that chart for AMC-9?

Question - Why do some ppl post a feed with a frequency that might be 2-5 numbers off from mine? (ex: G10R 11720 comes up for me as 11718) Aren't the frequencies set on the bird?

Question - I understand that SR is like "throughput" or "data rate", but is it possible to have this happen:

Today - AMC-9 11825 H 7.500

Tomarrow - AMC-9 11825 H 3.725

Is the frequency set on the bird to a particular SR, or can it change from tady to day depending ont he feed..

OK, I think thats a good start....I am sure there are other ppl here who have the same questions....It will certainly help get us all on the same page.

Thanks
MD

Answer : Yes if you enter all TP. then you could just scan them. But new finds show up now and then at random so you cant beat a Blind Scan.

Answer : May be a scrambled channel

Answer : All LNB's are slightly off to each other in freq.

Answer : Yes the SR. will change depending on the feed.

- How can a new frequency pop up? Aren't there so many transmitters on the bird? I am assuming a TP is a transmitter on the bird? When the bird was built here on the ground, they specify the frequencies at that point...??.?? How can those change?

-So when I put G10R 11720 in my receiver, then did a blind scan and it found 11718, thats how I get duplicate channels?? does that mean that all my LNB is 2mhz or (whatever) off on everyone?

-So I may have 3 frenquencies stored in my receiver with 3 different SR.
ex:

11720 H 3.725
11720 H 7.500
11720 H 10.000

I know that a feed con only use one of those at a time. but if I have the 11720 H 10.000 programmed only in my receiver, will it pick up a 11720 H 3.725 feed if it changes?

Sry to be confusing, but I am trying to organize my receiver....I have been doing blind scanning for 3 weeks now...I have like 20 tube.tv...

Thanks
MD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AMC1 help

6 foot FortecStar motorized

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)