Rv set up Dish 1000 Wallys

frlzero

Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Central Iowa
We will be camping a bit later this year, currently we have 2 Wallys with a Dish 1000+. (We have 2 Tailgaters, but the signal through the trees is weak where we are going.)
Dish confirmed we could add a 3rd Wally, but with what I have for a Dish, would a 34 switch work to get signal to all 3? You have to bear with me, I really haven't done much Dish wiring since we had a Hopper and Joey's installed. Thanks!

Reactions: charlesrshell
We will be camping a bit later this year, currently we have 2 Wallys with a Dish 1000+. (We have 2 Tailgaters, but the signal through the trees is weak where we are going.)
Dish confirmed we could add a 3rd Wally, but with what I have for a Dish, would a 34 switch work to get signal to all 3? You have to bear with me, I really haven't done much Dish wiring since we had a Hopper and Joey's installed. Thanks!
So you're using the normal dish and not the tailgaters, correct? You say 1000+, but that's a larger dish usually used for international programming, are you sure that's what you have or is it a 1000.2? If it is indeed a 1000+ it can be dish pro (dp) or dish pro plus (dpp).
If it's dish pro then you'll need the switch. If it's dish pro plus or a 1000.2, which will be dpp as well then you can run all three direct from the lnb.

So you're using the normal dish and not the tailgaters, correct? You say 1000+, but that's a larger dish usually used for international programming, are you sure that's what you have or is it a 1000.2? If it is indeed a 1000+ it can be dish pro (dp) or dish pro plus (dpp).
If it's dish pro then you'll need the switch. If it's dish pro plus or a 1000.2, which will be dpp as well then you can run all three direct from the lnb.
Ok, it's been a while since I had it out. It was installed on our house, we originally had 2 dished before we got our Hopper.

Attachments

• 20240724_133619.jpg
    20240724_133619.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 27
The big one is a DishProPlus twin I believe it's called, depending how many outputs it has you can run one receiver from each. The little one is for 129 which is not in use anymore so you don't need it connected to anything. That might have been run thru a DP34 switch back in the day when 129 still was in use. If that's the case and you still have it, it will support 4 receivers - if you don't have enough outputs on that twin.

Last edited:
The big one is a DishProPlus twin I believe it's called, depending how many outputs it has you can run one receiver from each. The little one is for 129 which is not in use anymore so you don't need it connected to anything. That might have been run thru a DP34 switch back in the day when 129 still was in use. If that's the case and you still have it, it will support 4 receivers - if you don't have enough outputs on that twin.
Thanks for the info!

I misspoke in my first post it's the 500+ that's international not the 1000+. I haven't messed with one in a long time.

So, with your setup there's only two out ports. So to run a third wally, yes you'll need a switch. Or can call dish to add the wally and the tech will end up putting a new dish most likely.
If you're set on doing it yourself though the 34 switch should be fine. As mentioned already you don't need the the smaller lnb anymore so can just disconnect that. Then two wires from the outs on bigger lnb to two inputs on 34 switch then connect each wally to the outs on the switch.

As far as the signal meter on the wally making a sound, go to where it shows it under system info then dish then where it says tuner, select that a few times and the sound will come on.

Paris 2024 Olympics Dish App