RV-MH,A/B Switch,3 Satellite System

silverbullet49

Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Andover,MN
My RV has 3 Satellite Systems: KVH LM Dome System (In Motion), Winegard Traveler 1000 (2 Dish Receivers), & Winegard Carryout Portable (For Wooded Campsites). Currently I am using a A/B Coaxial Switch to switch between two of the satellite inputs to the IRD and it seems to work fine. I would like to add a 2nd A/B Switch to be able to switch between all 3 Satellite inputs to the IRD.

1. Is there any potential problem that I am not aware of in using A/B switches?
2. Will 2 A/B switches cause any problems?
3. Is there an easier solution out there? Only 1 satellite system will be active at a time.

Thanks

I thought this scenario you explained was pretty interesting, silverbullet49, and I'd like to guide you in the right direction! Because you have three different dishes you're trying to work with, a retailer would be the best place to consult as they're specifically qualified to handle configurations like that. If you email me your account number, I can look up retailers in your area and provide you with their contact information. My email address is michael.lemar@dishnetwork.com.

As long as you use high quality switches, it shouldn't be a problem.

I had a Winegard AS-2003 auto roof dish and a Dish Pro 1000 ground tripod dish that I used two A-B switches to go between.

You just have to remember, you need to have a satellite is sight of the dish you are switching to and then you have to run a Switch Check for the receiver to indentify the Switch type of the dish.

I now have a Trav'ler SK-1000 and the Dish Pro 1000 so I really don't have to run the Switch Check because both dishes and the same Switch type.

DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - May 12, 2011

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)