Running Switch Test on 722 receiver with King Dome RV Dish

Ductedfan

Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Hello all, I'm having problems trying to make my new HD-722-DVR receiver complete the check switch test with my King Dome dish on top of my Motorhome. My King Dome dish is the 9704LP version which has automatic satellite switching for sats 110-119, however King Controls says that only one coax cable from the King Dome should be connected to the #1 Input port on the receiver, the other coax should go to the second receiver if there is a second one, in my case there is not.

Anyway, when I run the switch test the test on port 2 fails, if i connect the second King Dome coax to port #2 then it still fails. I've tried using the seperator as is used with my standard Dish Pro dish, but that made no change.

Is there something that I'm not doing, or can do to correct this problem. The receiver works just fine with the standard Dish Pro dish, but not with the roof mounted King Dome.

BTW, when i've spoke with King Controls Tech's they haven't been very helpful in understanding what is going on. Other than, "yea, that can be a problem".

Any ideas?

John

No point posting the same thing in both forums, you got some good answers in the other thread. This could however serve as fodder for those who have been arguing to reduce the number of forums.

you need to run two seperate cables. tuner1 will need to connect to a port on your kingdome as well as tuner two to the other port. the dpp seperater will only work with a 1k2 lnb, dpptwin lnb or dpp44 switch box. a lot of the confusion is that people think that tuner 1 =tv1 and tuner 2=tv2. in reality, tuner 1 = even signals and tuner 2 = odd signals ( i might have that part backwards). good luck to you.

OTA wiring question - simple setup

7200 reciever options

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)