Rplacement 622 has a smart card installed

bigdaddy10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Florissant, MO.
I was having a problem with my 622 Receiver and television that caused the television to turn on when the receiver went through the nightly update. I went through Dish support aand the CSR determined that I needed a new box and they sent me a new receiver. Before I received the new box I figured out the problem and realized I could stop the television from turning on by changing the component input from 4 to 3.

I did not want to lose my recordings so I was just going to shiip the new receiver back. Before I shipped it I checked the receiver and it now has a smart card installed. Should I keep the new box simply because it has a smart card or will E* be shipping these cards to all of us?

its part of the new security Dish is putting in place.....and soon your old 622 will be getting the new smart card as well. I would go ahead and keep the new receiver and send your old one back

If you want to keep your old 622, make sure you call them and get a RMA # so they know you're sending it back...if you send it back without notifying them it is going to sit in a warehouse for a while and you're eventually going to get charged for a missing receiver... keep Tracking Records also.

If you keep your old 622, they will send you a new Smart Card here shortly... everyone is getting them soon. Do NOT take the one out of the new receiver and try to use it in your old receiver... that Smart Card is tied to the receiver it was sent with....

intermittent reception on sat129

ANY HD/CH'S IN OCTOBER?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts