Right Network Launches Sept 8, will Dish carry?

I guess this is a decent place to ask this, but what happened to that one HD horror channel I heard about awhile back? Maybe it was the re-launching of Monster HD? I can't remember.

Are you asking about Chiller TV channel. Right now in SD on 199. Not sure if it is carried in HD on either D* or E*. It would've been better to have started a new topic in the forum to ask.

Kelsey Grammer's The RightNetwork is slated to launch this summer and is advertising to present a novel point of view, according to a report in the NY Daily News.

"There's wrong, and there's right, right network, all that's right with the world," Grammer announced.

The network will feature entertainment with "pro-America," "pro-business, pro-military sensibilities" that will alter "the national conversation."

News blurb about what the Right Network is.

There was a time in which channels with a particular point of view were quite robust. Not any more, channels morph into more generalized channels or go out of business. Green network augments its programming with shows like Shalom in the Home. What used to be a 700 club channel now shows movies like Cruel Intentions. SciFi becomes SYFY and shows wrestling. TVLand adds a plethora of reality shows and now other first run shows like Hot in Cincinnati. American Desi disappears. Sky Angel is no longer a satellite service. ETC.

There was a time in which channels with a particular point of view were quite robust. Not any more, channels morph into more generalized channels or go out of business. Green network augments its programming with shows like Shalom in the Home. What used to be a 700 club channel now shows movies like Cruel Intentions. SciFi becomes SYFY and shows wrestling. TVLand adds a plethora of reality shows and now other first run shows like Hot in Cincinnati. American Desi disappears. Sky Angel is no longer a satellite service. ETC.

It's not because these niche channels do not have an audience, it's because they were bought up by the big conglomerate channels NBC/Universal, Disney/ABC, etc.

These guys have absolutely no imagination and fear anything different, so they make all the channels look the same and nobody is satisfied.

It's not because these niche channels do not have an audience, it's because they were bought up by the big conglomerate channels NBC/Universal, Disney/ABC, etc.

These guys have absolutely no imagination and fear anything different, so they make all the channels look the same and nobody is satisfied.

Not to mention that "no imagination" is cheaper to run.

This could be a thread (or even a section) in itself ... but I remember (and I'm not that old) when A&E stood for Arts and Entertainment, Bravo was actually an interesting little channel and not just a dumping ground for NBC, you could actually learn something watching TLC (The Learning channel), and MTV actually showed music.

It now seems like 200+ cable channels are in a furious race to become clones of one another.

"Hot in Cincinnati"!!!!! Only someone from Bedford, MA would make this mistake.:D

This could be a thread (or even a section) in itself ... but I remember (and I'm not that old) when A&E stood for Arts and Entertainment, Bravo was actually an interesting little channel and not just a dumping ground for NBC, you could actually learn something watching TLC (The Learning channel), and MTV actually showed music.

It now seems like 200+ cable channels are in a furious race to become clones of one another.

Give this man a prize!!! :up

129 or 61.5?

How to get 118.7 with a Dish 500?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)