right declination and elevation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
i want to set my 6 footer up to be moved across the arc by hand just like i had and acuator on it.I was looking at the modified polar mount chart and got confused.My lattitude is 32.2 and chart is showing32.60 as elevation and 4.66 as declination.So after i set declination at 4.66,do i add declination and elevation togather to come up with proper elevation for my true south....in other words can some body give me the proper elevation for my true south which is 89w ?:rant:

ICU,

Elevation sets the angle of the polar mount on your dish (labeled hour angle in this drawing).
Declination is the few extra degrees the dish face tips down to hit the sat.

If you don't have an elevation scale on your dish, use a digital level or other device to measure the polar mount angle, not the dish face.

image20.gif

could you still give me the right specs that i need toget it set right meaning the elevation for my true south and declination?

pennington al 36916
Try DishPointer.com
Enter your Address, choose "Motorized Systems" choose a motor closest to the one you have and your results will display below the Map half way on the page.

Based on your Zip this is what is displayed:
Your Location Satellite Data Dish Setup Data
Latitude: 32.1942°
Longitude: -88.0803°
Name: Superjack DG120​
Distance: 36927km
Motor Latitude: 32.2°
Declination Angle: 5.3°
Dish Elevation: 35°
Azimuth (true): 180.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 181.7°

Last edited:
can i measure my declination on the bottom lip of my dish,i have looked at all the treads and compared,but nothing seems to work or come close to putting inclinometer on the bottom lip... i have the wsi speacial 6 foot dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No Signal

What´s up with Amc5@79w?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)