Research Channel Gone?

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
According to their website they are now webcas only. Can/will dish rebroadcast a webcast as a channe?

They lost theior funding so they would not be coming back. They actually shut down 8/31

ResearchChannel programming will no longer be available on Galaxy 18 as of midnight on August 31 shutting down broadcast on DishNetwork, Comcast and all other terrestrial broadcast services.

Since Dish Network has to have a certain percentage of their channels be public interest / educational then would this mean that they have to replace it with another channel like it?

Since Dish Network has to have a certain percentage of their channels be public interest / educational then would this mean that they have to replace it with another channel like it?

they should but knowing Dish they'll just slap an existing station there like they did with TBN and EWTN

Yes I will. When I switched from C-band to a small dish system, the reason I went with DISH was that, at the time, it was the only one that had EWTN as a PI, the other needed a more expensive package. Now I have the Absolute package and the PI's, along with RFDTV, which I like.
Either we watch one of the HD channels or we are on RFDTV or EWTN.
Some people actually like the PI channels!:)

splitting 1 reciever to 2 tv's

Dish 1000.2/.4 (Need Help!!!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)