Request for help with MRV receiver requirements

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SC-Monkey

Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
USA
I recently had my house's DTV wiring upgraded to the SWM system so I could activate MRV. My system consists of two HR24 receivers and one HR22 receiver. When I called DTV customer service to activate MRV I was told that it couldn't be done until I added an HD non-DVR receiver to my system, or until I replaced one of the three DVRs with a non-DVR receiver. Is this an actual requirement for MRV? I would hate to swap a DVR unit for a non-DVR unit if I don't have to. In addition, the receiver swap will cause an additional two year commitment that I'd rather avoid if possible. I've been a DTV customer for nearly a decade and have no plans to quit their service, however with the economy the way it is, I'd rather not be committed to something unless absolutely necessary. Thank you for any information you can provide regarding the receiver requirements for MRV.

Nope, you can have all DVR's

You will need a DECA behind the HR22 if you don't already have one.
Also, the splitter, power supply, and LNB should have green labels on them.

No I not seen that requirement you will have to tell them to turn it on in unsupported mode though as unless there was a order for whole home it wont show up in there normal add services screen unless they enable unsupported mrv support under account attributes.

I just wanted to say thank you for the replies. I was able to cancel the DVR replacement appointment and have the MRV option activated using your guidance. One thing that I've noticed is that with my DVRs connected to both the SWM cabling and my wired home Ethernet network that they default to using the Ethernet network for MRV. If I disconnect the Ethernet cables then the DVRs will use the SWM cabling during MRV. Is there a setting that can be adjusted to allow the DVRs to default to using the SWM cabling vice the Ethernet network?

If you plug an ethernet cable into your HR24 it disables the internal DECA. Either leave it that way, or buy a DECA adapter and install it on the HR22. You can also buy a second DECA adapter and power supply (or the cinema connection kit) to connect the DECA network to your home network and internet.

BTW, I've done it both ways, ethernet and DECA.......DECA is better, at least in my case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mounting a receiver vertical/upright

How to setup 95W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)