ReplayTV asleep at the switch

belawrence

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
Santee, CA
Any ReplayTV users out there besides me notice a lack of guide channel update, meaning that the Sirius channels nor TNTHD is in the channel guide as of yet? Both of my units connected via broadband about an hour ago at the time of this post and still no option to add the Sirius channels in the "add/remove channels" option. I can understand TNTHD not being there yet as it was just turned on today, but they're normally real fast about channel additions.

Maybe TNT and/or Dish didn't get the scheds into Tribune on time? I think thats who ReplayTV gets its guides from, but I may be wrong.

When E* shut off viacom, it took a couple of days after it was turned back on to get the Wcbs, Kcbs and the hd counterparts back up.
(2-5040's one with 240 gig capacity other 40 gig, networked with 3 computers-dvarchive 520 gig and wireless highspeed internet)

A quick question for you Replay users out there - which E* box works best with Replay? I have a couple of 301s and a 3900 and was thinking about Replay for the networking capability.

I'm using a 6000u along with a D*Hughes hird D2 with mine, I have blaster cords hooked to both. The 6000 will change channels and allow the Replay to record whatever I input(just got the direct working with it last week as I got wireless internet). The only other receiver I have in the house is a 501 so I have not hooked it up except to archive. As for networking, I have had the Replay networked with my pc's and have video stored on all of them. (you can stream them back to the replay) A week ago I ordered a new(refurbished) 5040, got it hooked up thursday So far I am loving the way they interact. The 5040's are ava at the Replay home site for 119$ and no shipping charges. But you will have to activate for 199$for lifetime or 12.95$ a month.

dfergie said:
When E* shut off viacom, it took a couple of days after it was turned back on to get the Wcbs, Kcbs and the hd counterparts back up.
(2-5040's one with 240 gig capacity other 40 gig, networked with 3 computers-dvarchive 520 gig and wireless highspeed internet)
:confused: They were back up (WCBS) for me before I even heard that had settled.

It's not Replay asleep -- it's Tribute Media Service, the folks who provide guide data to Replay, TiVo, and many others.

I have Reply 4080's connected to a 3900, 6000, and 510. They all work well. I have done some IR Fine Tuning to makes the IR blaster work a bit better than it did out of box.

DP 72000 blues w/ 16917

811 probs - SD not filling full 4:3 area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)