Remove account

kc8wfm

Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Hello,

I want to remove my account permanently.
Where do I find this selection?

Thanks

I think that for legal reasons, an account may be made inactive, but it and any posts must be retained.

Something like that. This came up a few years ago.
I think you are right. This poster has been on this site since 2006 and has one other post in 2007. I wonder what has happened to make him/her want to be removed permanently.

But what about the EU requirement that people have the right to eliminate all records of an online presence on request? Is the OP located in the EU?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Perhaps because the OP has his ham license as his login name it leaves him open to issues because that license information is open to the public. Perhaps the OP can change his site name to something else and this thread can be closed. Just a thought.

Any online activity that's 5 years old should be permanently deleted unless the site is legally required to maintain it, in my opinion. I would think that most places would want to delete old stuff so they don't need to continually upgrade their storage capabilities.

SatelliteGuys is a time capsule from the past 21 years of satellite, no posts are removed, nor are accounts deleted. This is in our user agreement which every member accepts when they sign up and to which they agreed to in order to be able to post.

We have always wanted this to be a place where anyone could research anything about the industry and see things exactly as they happened.

If the person does not want to be a member no more they can just no longer login or scramble their password so they cant login anymore.

I am proud we are a living history book.

SatelliteGuys is a time capsule from the past 21 years of satellite, no posts are removed, nor are accounts deleted. This is in our user agreement which every member accepts when they sign up and to which they agreed to in order to be able to post.

We have always wanted this to be a place where anyone could research anything about the industry and see things exactly as they happened.

If the person does not want to be a member no more they can just no longer login or scramble their password so they cant login anymore.

I am proud we are a living history book.
Some people don't want old posts to come back to haunt them.

Small Icons missing

SatelliteGuys Celebrates 21 Years!