Remote TV hook up to VIP722

Lakeray

Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Oklahoma
Hi Guys & Girls. First post here but I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. I have a question and when I contacted support at Dish Network they tried to be helpful but were unable to. What I’m trying to do is this. We just added an outside garden room to the house and are going to put a TV out there but there’s no way to run a cable through the brick or ceiling. I have hi speed internet, but most of the time I can get only 1.5 -2. There is no higher available in my area. So I don't think I can use wireless. Any ideas? :confused:

Ray

A good 3/8" masonry bit will get you through the brick mortar.

OH, and WELCOME!

Last edited:
Yep. Use your own network with a slingbox.

Slingbox connected to your present receiver, and connect Slingbox to your internet. But in your case, unless you want to you won't be be using the internet.

Now use a laptop in your garden room connected by wireless to your router. Remember, this connection will not be hampered by how fast your internet access is. It will be the speed your router is capable of.

Now you have two options, watch on the computer, or hook up the computer to your TV. The picture will very good just going through your own network.

This will not work with a sling adapter or anything else that requires actually going over the internet. Well, it will work but at the speeds you are getting the pic will not be great.

Got one on an impact drill. Wife wont let me use it. she said "No holes in the brick".

Tell her the truth. You won't be putting holes in the "brick".;)

If worse came to worse, all you have to do is dab mortar in the hole. Never know it was there.

It's a lot easier and much less expensive option. Just drill the hole an buy her some flowers.

I agree with the 3/8 masonry bit and a cordless hammer drill,is your best option.
Check both sides of the wall first and drill from inside of the house out to the sun room.Take it nice and slow if you don't do this very often lol

Check both sides of the wall first and drill from inside of the house out to the sun room.Take it nice and slow if you don't do this very often lol

Actually, It would need to be the opposite assuming the inside wall is drywall. Probably will need an extender.

Last edited:
if just to get the TV hooked up .. you could use the Window and a "flat cable" sometimes called a "window jumper"
Steren 205-090WH RG6 Flat Coax Door / Window Jumper Cable F to F 8" Inch White 75 Ohm Flexible Coaxial Cable Digital RV Camper Portable Satellite Dish TV Antenna Signal Adapter, Part # 205090-WH: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, T
98 cents. it would cost you more in shipping.. :)

MOST windows open from the top and the bottom, just most people don't realize this and most people keep the bottom window free from being stuck in place. So, you unstick the top part of your window, feed the jumper through there, and attach coax to go up from the window, to under your eaves and round to the back. Or put it into the bottom of the window, either way.

They aren't great, but they aren't bad either.. I use them to get dish into the house rather than have holes bored into three walls. 3 years ago I bought a 12 pk on ebay for 8 bucks, and spent another 5 for shipping. So should one degrade, I can replace it and be done. I don't open and close the windows they go through .. so they don't get worn from the action of release/repressured. So far I've not had to replace any of the original 3.

20.0 IR Echostar remote help

1000.2+1000.4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts