Remote access for blackberry 9650

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
I was wondering if someone has found a way to install the remote access app on their bold 9650.

When I try it says it is not compatible with the bold 9650 but it is with the bold 9700. I find that odd because the 9650 is the newest and best blackberry offered by verizon who is the the largest cellular carrier in the country.

Also, the the 9650 is newer than the 9700 and has twice as much memory. If you look at the crackberry forums they say any app in their appstore or in the blackberry appstore that runs on 9700 should be compatible with the 9650 because they are so similar. Themes and everything made for 9700 install on 9650 no problem.

Sorry for the long post. I don't even want to use the playback feature. I just want to be able to schedule recordings on my dvr for my blackberry like I could with Directv.

It seems that each and every incarnation of the Blackberry devices must be specifically coded to. Theories about involved software working across devices have usually proven to be poppycock.

Hopefully RIM will get on the stick and add a better hardware abstraction layer to their products.

I guess it just seems crazy to me that dish would not make their blackberry application compatible with these popular phones.

It's still in beta. I have it on my 9700 and you have to have a good broadband connection such as a good 3G or over wifi. Otherwise it will not even let you log in. I have no 3G, so I use it on wifi and it actually works pretty good most of the time.

You can tell Sling is behind this. Sling hasn't put out any versions for the CDMA (verizon/Sprint) Blackberries. They claim that they have to be coded differently, even though people have successfully installed the mobile slingplayer on these devices (myself included).

Sling/Dish really needs to get off their tail and get this out for ALL BB's, not just the native GSM berries.

Who furnished supplies for the installer

DPP44 Daisy Chain PSU ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)