Relocated to LA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yipster222

Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
I relocated from NYC to Los Angeles, CA and I took my DTV box with me. I can get all the channels including locals but up to channel 7. The rest such as 9 11 and PBS are getting 771 code (searching for signal). After some researching those channels are on 101 bird Transponder 20 which I get 0 signal. Is there any reasons for this?

I relocated from NYC to Los Angeles, CA and I took my DTV box with me. I can get all the channels including locals but up to channel 7. The rest such as 9 11 and PBS are getting 771 code (searching for signal). After some researching those channels are on 101 bird Transponder 20 which I get 0 signal. Is there any reasons for this?

Yes - channels 2, 4, 5, and 7 are able to be seen NATIONWIDE if your receiver is authorized. They are offered to eligible subs as the DNS feeds at 80, 82, 86, and 88 (but it is the same feed really). You should also be able to get all of the NY sports channels (YES, SNY, FSNY, and MSG).

Yes - channels 2, 4, 5, and 7 are able to be seen NATIONWIDE if your receiver is authorized. They are offered to eligible subs as the DNS feeds at 80, 82, 86, and 88 (but it is the same feed really). You should also be able to get all of the NY sports channels (YES, SNY, FSNY, and MSG).

How about the other locals such as UPN 9 WB 11 PBS 13?

spot beams are only about at most 200 miles no way can you pick up a spot beam from NY in LA. If you are still getting the NY locals in LA you will only get the Top 4 Networks just for the fact those channels are on a national feed and not a spot beam.

with DirecTV only the big 4 (abc, nbc, cbs, fox) of NY & LA are CONUS. The rest of their local channels are on spotbeam

Status
Please reply by conversation.

need 5 LNB coords...why don't they post these?

HR20-100 Wiring Connections

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts