reg connections of lnbf

herald

Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
hi we have a satellite dish and it has 2 lnbf's and one is 91 deg and other 82 deg and one wire from each is connected to 2 input sw21 switch. The output from sw21 is connected to reciever? Is this the correct way to connect the wires? Why i was wondering is i am not getting 4 or 5 asian network channels which are coming for my friend, is it the problem with reciever or connections or the dish itself? your help is appreciated?
thanks chandra

Make sure that the lnbf's and switch are both legacy or DishPro, not a mix of the two. There is one side of the switch with one connector and the other side has two connectors. The side with one connector goes to the receiver, while the side with two connectors goes to the lnbf's. I would try to get a signal on each satellite bypassing the switch before hooking it the switch and doing switch test.

What Stargazer said - except ALWAYS run "Check Switch" when changing your configuration - even when there's no switch.

It kinda helps the receiver learn what you just did to it's 'eyes'. ;)

When you run the check switch even when it is not there it helps clear out the matrix (clears out what it thinks it sees or expects to see that is not there).

herald said:
hi we have a satellite dish and it has 2 lnbf's and one is 91 deg and other 82 deg and one wire from each is connected to 2 input sw21 switch. The output from sw21 is connected to reciever? Is this the correct way to connect the wires? Why i was wondering is i am not getting 4 or 5 asian network channels which are coming for my friend, is it the problem with reciever or connections or the dish itself? your help is appreciated?
thanks chandra

The 91/82 is the Canadian Bell ExpressVu system. It is the same as an E* dish 500 for the 110/119, but with different settings. Find out which sats your friend is using and that may explain your problem.

Error in my dish

New LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts