Record HD with DVD+R?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I know that a dvd recorder cannot record true HD but I was wondering that, if there was a program I wanted to record in HD, I noticed that the H20 will automatically up/down convert to fit my tv... ex I had a show on in 720 native but because my tv didn't support it the 1080 light lit up and it supposedly was showing in 1080... now based on that if I were to hook the box up with svideo and set it to only output at 480p would it downconvert to record to a dvd recorder or will I be creating a dvd coaster?

You can record HD programming downconverted to 480i not 480p. At least that is the only way my dvd recorders will do it and I have 3 different ones.

Still cool... I hate when I see things like the motley crue concert on this saturday and I can watch it once and never again. Thanks.

duckydan said:
Still cool... I hate when I see things like the motley crue concert on this saturday and I can watch it once and never again. Thanks.

Can't you archive it to another HDD and save it for a few months or whenever you buy a Blu-Ray recordable drive for your PC?

charper1 said:
Can't you archive it to another HDD and save it for a few months or whenever you buy a Blu-Ray recordable drive for your PC?

Not that I know of, unless you have a very expensive HD-VCR that has component inputs.

while I do have the hardware to put it on my pc (hd capture card and software) its more of a P.I.T.A. to hook the receiver up near the pc to do so and also not worth the extra time involved. As for blue ray/hd i'm personally waiting for them both to crash and burn (i'm sure i'll be shunned now). I own over 2000 dvds and for me to repurchase them for the slight improvement I might notice isn't worth it... sports in HD is a beautiful thing and seeing a sports program in 480i hurts my eyes, but the difference between a movie that I watch on my dvd player and on a hd channel isn't even noticable to me (I'm sure if I looked hard enough I would see it but still...)

Before HD-lite I could see the difference!!! Nowadays, not anymore.:mad:

scotsmanron said:
Have to say that I agree...I can't hardly tell the difference between and HD and DVD movie on my new TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Horrible cdusa-hd quality

Directv HD VS Cablevision HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)