Receiving Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WaarrEagle

Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
I have several receivers in my house, however 2 of them are not receiving my local programming (Birmingham locals). I receive a (Searching for satellite siglal...(771) error - I have talked to 2 reps at Directv and they ran me trough the same process of just recessing my receiver but I have had no luck - can anyone send me in the right direction or have a direct # to a knowledgeable DTV customer service rep.

Thanks!
WaarrEagle

It says 771? Here is the list of all the on-screen error codes and I do not see that one. These are the only ones ending in "1"

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/OnScreenMessages_Q.dsp

721 The channel you are trying to watch is not included in your programming package.

731 Your access card has exceeded its pay per view limit. This happens if you have ordered many pay per view events in a very short time or if the phone line connection to your receiver is not working.

741 The service you are trying to order is not transmitting correctly.

OK, on a search of the web I found this:

"I live in the Orlando Area and recently I have been receiving the Miami Heat games instead of the Orlando Magic games on sunshine. Last night it got worse when the I went to watch the Portland - Miami game, the channel was blacked out with a "For subscription information call ext 771" message on the bottom. I called Direct TV and they told me that it was because I didn't have a phone line plugged into my receiver."

Do you have a phone line plugged in? Maybe they are still doing random "phone home" checks on some accounts an this is their code for that; I have never seen it on any of the unit I don't have plugged in nor is that coded listed on their site. Let us know what you find out.

The only thing is only my local channels get this message??? Even the customer service reps I talked with said my channels should be working - maybe I'll tr a phone line hookup sometime soon - (right now its in my garage where I don't have a phone hookup)

One thing I did not mention in my previous posts is that the guide for these channels does appear & I can see what is supposed to be on but receive no audio or video. Only "Searching for satellite signal...(771)
RID: 0000 0000 0000
Card: 0000-0000-0000

DTV does occasionally do phone line checks but that wouldn't be the cause of your problem i wouldn't think.....if your only having problems with your locals, i would try to set up a service call with DTV to resolve your problem. I think Birmingham gets there locals off the 101, and there have been a few problems with the 101 as of recent.....Just a thought

Yeah - I know they are off 101 but I am getting excellent signals as all my other channels are working fine!! - I have tried 2 service calls w/ no luck but I guess I'll try again :(

Charper, whoever posted that got a few numbers wrong. The 771 message only appears on the D10, D10-200, and D10-300 receivers. It has nothing to do with authorizations, or billing or anything like that. I believe that the message that poster was getting was "For Ordering Information, Please Call Customer Service, Ext. 721" or something similar. With SFSS on 2 ird's it's either going to be a IRD, cable or LNB issue. Warreagle, I would swap IRD locations with a working receiver and see if the problem stays at the receiver or location, if it's the receiver then you'll know. If it's the cable I'd check connections at the LNB. You might also want to swap outputs on the LNB to see what happens. Call 1-800-695-9251, that will lead to D*'s tech support directly.

You could also take the working receiver to one of the other tv's. If it still works, you know it's not LNB-connections or other wiring defects.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D10 IR/RF remoting

General question about DirecTV installation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)