Receiver Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sweet! Maybe for Christmas...

That's the USED price BTW... ;)
Yep, and it's like 6 grand for a new one. Problem with that is, if it's like all the rest of 'em, and has to be previously authorized to get anything, for $6K you'll have a really sweet DOORSTOP! :eek: :D

Yep, and it's like 6 grand for a new one. Problem with that is, if it's like all the rest of 'em, and has to be previously authorized to get anything, for $6K you'll have a really sweet DOORSTOP! :eek: :D

I have learned a lot about the inner workings of the Digicipher with what we are doing with map master. Let me explain why the receiver needs a previous authorization to decode FP.

Fixed Process is actually an encrypted mode which has a fixed key that all receivers can decode. When you authorize a receiver the first time you set its location and give it an EMM provider which allows that encrypted process to work and receive authorization. Without this turn on hit it don't have information in those registers to do its thing (they are all zero's) With Zero key channels they are not encrypted and thus don't need that data in those registers to decode.

The problem with commercial boxes is we can't call SRL and get a hit. And can't get HBO etc to send us a commercial hit either unless we meet certain requirements & parameters or know somebody.

actually I need to correct myself....2 7150's. One is dead (ID is all zeroes and wont reset even if I sit on a known DC2 mux)

Are there any Canadian consumer units that fit this spec? Sure would be nice to have a consumer version with a remote control. Of course, even with something like Map Master working on a box like that... someone would still have to use a commercial unit to find the params to plug into Map Master.

The DSR-6000 specs look a lot like the DSR-4500X, with the addition of S and S2.

Cheers

New Shaw boxes does it I believe. Maybe we can come out with Map Master the second generation for that. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NSS 806 in canada

low fec rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts