Receiver Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Will a receiver capable of MPEG 4 HD S2 do Digicipher 2 HD when ITC ? Like DVB S does when PowerVu is off..

DCII is baseline encrypted. You need a DCII receiver to watch (ITC) DCII. SkyWalkers can tune it but there are no apps too watch it.

If the channel is running Zero Key would that decode on any receiver? or is DC2's encryption not layed on top like on PowerVu with the newer stuff? I thought I read posts someplace a while back that Mpeg 4 8psk S2 receivers were decoding DC mpeg 4 8psk s2.

Far as I know nothing has changed. I have not heard of anybody watching DCII on other than a DCII receiver. I thought when I got the first SkyWalker I would be watching that too, but no dice.

Looks like a tall dollar item to get a commercial box like the 6000 series :(

Tron said:
You could get a Digitrans 7150 to tune the signal and find an HD decoder to go with it. They are connected by ASI.

That's how I do it. DTE-7150 and HDD-1000.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

The 7150 only does DVB & DC2

It doesnt do DVB-S2

Thats what I thought. It may be easier to grab a new Shaw receiver and put our own maps in it. This has been discussed with the map master group and could be done I know.

The Skywalker 1, 2 & 3 can display DCII that's ZK. However, FP is a no-go. As you know, FP is still encrypted, but uses a common key. However, ZK is not encrypted in any way. Therefore, the Skywalker 1, 2 & 3 can do it.

Note that the Skywalker 1 & 2 don't do S2, they do the turbo thing. Skywalker 3 does S2, but not turbo.

Cheers

Ya but what we need is something that will do FP because when distro feeds go ITC they seldom are ZK. The Shaw receiver with moded maps will probably be the best solution.

The Skywalker 1, 2 & 3 can display DCII that's ZK. However, FP is a no-go. As you know, FP is still encrypted, but uses a common key. However, ZK is not encrypted in any way. Therefore, the Skywalker 1, 2 & 3 can do it.

Note that the Skywalker 1 & 2 don't do S2, they do the turbo thing. Skywalker 3 does S2, but not turbo.

Cheers
And what software are you using to display DCII?

There has to be a new model of the 7150 that can do S2 since alot of channels are changing over to that and headends need to decode it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NSS 806 in canada

low fec rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)