Rave-HD: Soundstage Presents: Allison Krauss & Union Station 9pm EST

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
featured.jpg

Rounder recording artists Alison Krauss + Union Station are a remarkable collaboration of five stellar musicians, who together have been instrumental in bringing bluegrass music to its now widely accepted and popular commercial status. They come together on Soundstage to perform a selection of songs outlining their storied careers. Included are songs from the multi-platinum soundtrack, "Oh Brother Where Art Thou." Other highlights during the hour include "Baby Now That I Found You," "The Lucky One," "Maybe," and the Grammy Award-winning "Man Of Constant Sorrow."

As far as I'm concerned this is the perfect use of HD & surround sound to showcase music. I hadn't even heard of Alison Krauss before seeing this (last year on PBS) and now I love to see this every chance I get! And more to the point - hear it every chance I get. It just somehow makes me happy - what a great recording!

P.S. My vote for 2nd place goes to Sheryl Crow - but I've loved her music for years.

TheTimm, I wholeheartedly agree, I caught this last night: AWESOME performance, the bass kicks major booty! I have bass shakers on my couch and many times during this show, I got a good butt whump. It was cool seeing the "Brother Where Art Thou" performances, I never realized he was the guy who did the Clooney "sing in".

I think Alison needs a personal trainer for her stage performance though, she is a great artist but her dress, her hair and her stage presence leaves much to be desired.

Was the Voom guy's mother I saw?

7/16 HD Cinema Premiere Movies