Rate my line of sight, I think I am good, but want opinions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
OK, guys, I finally found out today I am 99% sure we are moving to another place here in town, and I THINK I have a pretty great line of sight East to West. I am attaching a picture with East, West, and South marked. The camera is basically where the pole will be mounted. I plan on putting the pole in concrete and the dish will be about 3 feet off the ground. The house is about I am guessing 35 feet away, and that tree to the west is maybe 40 feet hight, and 50 foot away.

So do you all think I will have a good shot of getting the entire arc? The motor will come next after I get settled in. I have a 76 cm Channel master now, but would like to find a 40 inch Primestar dish to mount. We'll see about that later. The run of cable will be close to 100 feet to the computer, hopefully that will not be a big deal.

Be warned, the picture is 132 KB, so download at your own peril.

thanks for looking

PS Can anyone guess what the building in the background might be??

Attachments

• easttowest.jpg
    easttowest.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 251
Looks really good to me!

I benefit from being a few thousand miles above sea level, AND on a hill of sorts here.
I don't feel so bad moving out here to UT these days :D
Anyhow, my eye-clometer says you're really well off.

CharredPC,
Do you live in a mobile home too? I thought I had read that in one of your posts? I live in one now, and am very thankful to be moving somewhere with a basement, but you probably don't have to worry about tornadoes out there...

Very nice picture, I know one moderator here who would kill for that view of the Clarke Belt. It looks 98% clear with just that small tree (close to house)to the far west maybe being a problem in the future.

Like in the other thread, most agreed nothing west of 123 right? So anything really that way is a moot point?

timmy1376 said:
CharredPC,
Do you live in a mobile home too? I thought I had read that in one of your posts? I live in one now, and am very thankful to be moving somewhere with a basement, but you probably don't have to worry about tornadoes out there...

Yes, I live in a mobile home, but not too many tornados out here in Utah ;)
I do miss having a "real" house... someday, though! I'm just happy it's not a little rented apartment with a "no dish" rule.

PSB said:
Very nice picture, I know one moderator here who would kill for that view of the Clarke Belt. It looks 98% clear with just that small tree (close to house)to the far west maybe being a problem in the future.

I would kill, and one day I may have to.
Tim, you have a great LOS to almost everything there, if you saw mine you'd cry.

Your LOS looks fine. Your Panorama picture is a good way to illiustrate your location and LOS. Did you stitch the pictures manually or the camera software did that for you?

On my CANON S500, the bundled software that came with it does an excellent job in stitching the pictures together. In many cases you will have a hard time noticing the connection lines.

wow, i wish my LOS looked like that. I had to get my dishes up high because i am surrounded my 70' tall red pines in all directions except for northwest.

Sadoun said:
Your LOS looks fine. Your Panorama picture is a good way to illiustrate your location and LOS. Did you stitch the pictures manually or the camera software did that for you?

On my CANON S500, the bundled software that came with it does an excellent job in stitching the pictures together. In many cases you will have a hard time noticing the connection lines.

I just did it in Paint Shop Pro, so that is why it looks so bad, but I believe it make a good reference for you all to see what I am looking at. I was thinking I will have a good line, but since I am so new to this, I wanted some good opinions.

Has anyone guessed what the building are to SE of the house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TwinHan StarBox VisionDTV USB Receiver Review

SG210SG2100 motor is not moving East, only move west

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts