Random stuff

6. Duke - Wake was fun, but it really didn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. That's what makes college basketball so much different from college football. Texas - Texas Tech was fun, and it meant something. That's why so many basketball fans dont' start paying attention until March.

Those folks aren't really fans. Wed's game was a great game and proof of why the ACC is the best conference for basketball. Sorry Big East. And if you don't think these games matter, and teams like Notre Dame seem to think they don't, they could be in for a rude awakening on Selection Sunday.

No question it was a great game, and proof of whatever you want it to be proof of. But both teams are going to the tournament, both will probably be 1-2 seeds, so I stick by my statement...in the grand scheme of things, it really didn't mean much.

You cannot compare the implications of this game to the implications of the Texas - Texas Tech football game.

I must also say that was one of the strangest in-bounds plays I've ever seen.

Sandra

Born to Run is his most famous song. Born in the USA is definitely lower than fourth. Rosalita...Jungleland...The River...Thunder Road...Badlands...Prove it All Night...Fourth of July Asbury Park...The Promised Land...Tenth Avenue Freeze Out...Atlantic City...The Rising...Lucky Town...Hungry Heart...Backstreets...Candy's Room...Because the Night...so many contenders.
Sandra

Don't forget my favorite Springsteen tune.............Pink Cadillac. :up

Is ESPN different down there ? :D

I listen to it often, but have not heard any recent trouble at the U of Miami ...

Jimbo

No but ESPN has ALWAYS had a bias against The U. When they do something bad, it's leads the headlines, when other schools do just as bad....and many times worse, a quick little read and on to commercial.

Word is this will be Springsteen's halftime set:

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Born To Run
Working on a Dream
Glory Days

I heard an interview this morning on Springsteen and how he's going to select his set. Any set list out there is complete speculation....

Well, what do you know?? I even got the order correct... :D

SuperBowl (your picks)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)