Raliegh NC locals SPOTBEAM???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
I have the Greenville NC locals and they are on the 72.5 sat, however the UNC TV (pbs) is off the 101w sat from Raliegh NC.
I have a vacation home in the Boone NC area which is in the North Western NC mountains, The UNC channel does not come in, says searching for signal.

Are the Raliegh channels on a spotbeam?

UNC is a state wide channel which is broadcast on about 10 different transmitters,
The Greenville area is off of WUNK, however Directv just dropped WUNK off 72.5 and now feed us the Raliegh signal off WUNC.
Must be a spot beam, because here in the eastern side of NC we get it, out west no signal.

Yes, jamielee. You should have asked me...

The spot-beam for the eastern half of North Carolina contains only the Raleigh locals and UNC TV, on transponder 28.

The spot-beam for the western and central portions of North Carolina, which also covers much of South Carolina, contains Greenville, Greensboro, Charlotte and Columbia, and each of those markets get a single feed of UNC TV from that beam, which contains transponders 20, 12 and 4.

Sorry I was referring to the "non-wing" birds only. I assumed everyone knew that the "wing locals" were CONUS.

Yes, the one thing about DirecTV 4S is that it appears the signal range extends beyond what the spots show on the map.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question about DIRECTV installation

Trouble fine tuning triple lnb DTV satellite in Knoxville TN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)