Rail Fade and DVR Recording

zafdor

Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Upstate, NY
Just had Dish installed about 2 weeks ago and the tech said once the DVR records an episode of a show, it will never record the exact same episode again. So last night we had a major rainstorm and I had rain fade during a recording. The partial recording is on the DVR, will it rerecord this partial so I can have a complete show? If not is there some (manual) way to make this happen?

Does Dish have a policy on raid fade and PPV? i.e. will they give you more time if you call to say you could not watch due to rain fade?

you can check the schedule of timers and restore the one that would skip because of the partial.

not sure in regards to the PPV question.

Does Dish have a policy on raid fade and PPV? i.e. will they give you more time if you call to say you could not watch due to rain fade?
they should if they don't.
I remember the first ppv I ordered on D in 97 got rained out.......did not wan't too go through the hassle of trying to get them to give me the next showing.....

I really doubt they will give you anything if you miss a PPV due to rain fade. Ya never know unless you ask though. As for missing a program, just set it up to record again. You set the timer again just like you originally did.

Delete the original, go into your timer list and you can restore the event for the next time it airs. You will have to hit DVR 3 times to get to schedules and then select 'show skip'. Find your show and select restore.

As far as PPV, almost all are all day, so I doubt they would do anything. I know, as a user, if I set up a PPV movie to record and it rained, I would record another showing.

For an expensive event, I am unsure what they would do.

I lost the beginning of a PPV I recorded due to a thunderstorm. I called and they issued me a free PPV certificate because the beginning of the movie was lost due to rain fade.

Details of another receiver/satellite upgrade...

Charlie Chat Monday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)