Radio shows

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RidgeRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Raymond, Maine, United States
I have read in some ohter places about radio shows that are basicly just audio only feeds...I'm not talking about 87.9 fm type stuff I'm talking about guys doing a radio show strictly broadcast via satellite. Problem is most of what I read the shows no longer exist. Is ther such a thing still?

On Ku, there's a little bit on Ia5 - some if it is pretty weird, though.

On G11, there's a 24/7 Old Time Radio channel which may not be exclusively Satellite-only, but I think it's still their primary means of broadcast.

C Band has a few more, but I'm not as up on them.

I get over 100 Audio-only channels on IA5 Ku. Many of these are scrambled, but there are dozens that are not. Some are music (quite a variety of Middle-Eastern and Asian music) and some are talk, including one Spanish Language Soccer radio station.

A few of them actually share two radio stations per channel ! One station is on the Left of the stereo signal, and the other is on the Right !

The oddest one is some guy's Personal Radio Station. He rants about various political things, and frequently pumps his web site...

There are usually at least 100 unscrambled stations on Ia5, with WRN being my favorite. For while, there was a satellite-only station called Hitz977 (I think?) which was mostly 70s and 80s music.

Personally, I wish the guys a W0KIE would take the plunge and get a Ku Signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA8 @ 89W - FTA Channels

StarChoice 75e Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)