R10 Signal Issue Help!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kcb300

Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
I bought a new R10 dvr receiver a couple of weeks ago and for the most part it works great. I have had one issue on and off getting a signal on my local channels, but only on tuner 1 of the dual tuner. Tuner 2 has never shown this issue. When I do have trouble with the signal on tuner 1, the picture usually gets pixilated and at times I'll get the searching for signal message. When I go to check the signal strength it usually shows up on transponder 28 with no signal on tuner 1, but tuner 2 is showing a signal in the 90's. It looks like transponder 26 and 27 show the same signal strength issue. The majority of the rest, both odd and even transponders, show a good signal. My receiver is on Satellite 101.

I talked to Directv about this, and they said they have had some reported issues very similar to mine, but really didn't have a solution for me. They were going to send me a replacement receiver, possibly a different model, but their systems were down at the time and they manually wrote down the order, and said they would enter it into the system when it is working. It's been about a week and no new receiver so I called again, and this person said to just return the receiver to Best Buy, where I purchased it, and get a new one. This person said they haven't heard of the issue like the other technical support person had, but they certainly didn't take the time to look into it. The problem is I'm thinking I'll have the same issue with the R10 if I exchange it for a new one. Has anyone else had the same issue? Can anyone recommend what I should do? Should I take the receiver back and get a new R10 in hopes the receiver I have is the problem, or take the receiver back and get a different model? From what I've been reading, everyone likes the R10 more than the other lower priced Directv DVR's so I'd rather stay with the R10 if possible.

Thanks for the help,

Kevin
Milwaukee, WI

I would take it back to Best Buys and get a new on i had a h-10 do the same thing with one of my customer we changed the box and everything worked great.

I exchanged the R10 receiver for a new one at Best Buy, and haven't had any issues. I just hope it continues. Thanks for the response TYORK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Direct tv or Dish PL Help

HTL-HD program Guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)