Status
Please reply by conversation.

CharredPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 21, 2005
Lakebay, WA
I just mounted a circular-polaized lnb next to my Ku one on my Winegard. I wish my camera worked in sunlight, I think I did quite a nice job :D

I got a new DMS International 4 in 1 DiSEqC Switch (Diseqc 2.0) included when I bought my Twinhan 102g, so I figured I'd use that. It's hooked up between the lnb's and the motor, with the Ku (center) lnb on Pos1, and the offset circular lnb on Pos2 on the switch. I fired up ProgDVB, set it to Diseqc 1.0/2.0, and set the afformentioned lnb settings.

Sound good? Becuase it doesn't work :confused: Am I victim of a cheap nonfunctional switch? Can my Twinhan not handle a 2.0 switch? Are the stars not aligned correctly? :rolleyes:

Try DiSEqC 1.0, port 1 commited for Ku and Port 2 commited for Circular.

That's exactly how I have mine setup except I use 1 and 4 so all the connectors are on the same end of the switch. 4 is the circular for me. I also am using a DMSi switch. My 'free' CoolSAT one was a POS.

Sounds like that's exactly how I have it hooked up, but it won't function :(

Either the card can't use it, or the switch is a dud.
That's annoying... don't have another switch, will ahve to buy one and hope it works next time. I thought DMS was supposed to be great?

CharredPC said:
Sounds like that's exactly how I have it hooked up, but it won't function :(

Either the card can't use it, or the switch is a dud.
That's annoying... don't have another switch, will ahve to buy one and hope it works next time. I thought DMS was supposed to be great?
I'll trade you my POS CoolSAt 4x1 for your DMSi one :).

For real though, if you want to try the Coolsat one I'll toss it in the mail to you. I think I'm going to buy another DMSi one if I need another. The CoolSat one works, I just had to add slip-on F connector adaptors because the theads were cut on it with a worn out die or something.

I use it to test with. I didn't notice any ill-effects with it installed but I wouln't leave it permanently installed the way it is.

Last edited:
CharredPC said:

did you make sure your computer was off before hooking switch up?

DMSI is a great company, so let's not bash the company when it could be user error

If you change ANYTHING in your setup, you have to have the master switch off before changing
-add or remove a motor
-add or remove a switch
-add or remove a LNB

I have used 4 different brands of switches and the DMSI ones are the best Ive worked with. Have had one on my setup for 1 1/2 years with no issues :)

Iceberg said:
did you make sure your computer was off before hooking switch up?

Yes. Also completely shut down and recycled power again to be sure afterwards.

Iceberg said:
DMSI is a great company, so let's not bash the company when it could be user error

I doubt it's user error, but point taken. Didn't mean to knock DMSI; I was more referring to the research I did online where everyone claims low-quality switches off ebay simply don't work or work only half the time. I therefore said, "I thought DMSI was supposed to be great" to get verification ;) Should have been clearer.

Iceberg said:
If you change ANYTHING in your setup, you have to have the master switch off before changing
-add or remove a motor
-add or remove a switch
-add or remove a LNB

I have used 4 different brands of switches and the DMSI ones are the best Ive worked with. Have had one on my setup for 1 1/2 years with no issues :)

TBH, I haven't always master-switched-off for all those. Though I should, and probably will in the future (experience is making me more responsible, I guess :p ). I'm getting a temporary switch from Shawn (thanks Shawn!!) that will let me make sure it's not my card or setup that's the issue. After being sure this DMSI switch is defective, I'll send it to Cascade or somone to use as a doorstop and order a new one from Pete :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Why shouldn't I get in FTA???

WARNING TO HACKERS!!!......No Hack Talk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)