Questions from a satellite newb

ragtop69GS

Original poster
Jun 13, 2019
S.E. Michigan
This installation will be in my motorhome.
I answered an ad on facebook marketplace for some free dish network equipment, what I came home with is one each of the following;
VIP222K
VIP211K
Wally
Super Joey

and will be picking up over the weekend the residential antenna (western arc with DP plus LNBF. I'll have to buy a tripod to mount the antenna on.

Now the question is, which equipment will best serve my wants? I'd like to be able to watch separate programming on 2 different sats on 2 tv's, preferably both in HD, is this possible with any of the listed equipment I have? At present my rv has 2 TV's but may add a 3rd outside tv down the road.
If I opt for the wally, can I use the super Joey for the second TV's tuner?

Thanks for any advice you may have to offer. This is my first foray into satellite tv so I'm sorry for any silly questions.

This installation will be in my motorhome.
I answered an ad on facebook marketplace for some free dish network equipment, what I came home with is one each of the following;
VIP222K
VIP211K
Wally
Super Joey

and will be picking up over the weekend the residential antenna (western arc with DP plus LNBF. I'll have to buy a tripod to mount the antenna on.

Now the question is, which equipment will best serve my wants? I'd like to be able to watch separate programming on 2 different sats on 2 tv's, preferably both in HD, is this possible with any of the listed equipment I have? At present my rv has 2 TV's but may add a 3rd outside tv down the road.
If I opt for the wally, can I use the super Joey for the second TV's tuner?

Thanks for any advice you may have to offer. This is my first foray into satellite tv so I'm sorry for any silly questions.

Super Joeys can only be used with a Hopper 1 or a Hopper 2.

Dish will no longer activate 222's or 211's on a new account.

Wally's and 211's can't be on the same account.

If the Wally is free and clear and can be activated then that would probably be your only option from your list. If you get another Wally you can then watch on two TV's from a WA DPP dish.

Good luck and :welcometo the forum.

I certainly would.
Dish says the Wally is tied to an account so that's a no go, but he also checked the VIP211K and that is clear to use, so I'll buy a new wally for the main tv and use the 211 on the second tv.

In my next post I'm going to show the dish and LNBF I have, I need help to identify what I have .

What do I have here? Is this a 1000.2 wa or a 1000.4 ea LNBF ?
50a11ab9a0f5184933518c361771a29a.jpg
45b673d74487c1c6f61d6060cc21e0f0.jpg
0bd28bc1c93fad74b210d6bc51984059.jpg
25c055da485a8872117aa8ea59a7bfad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Super Joeys can only be used with a Hopper 1 or a Hopper 2.

Dish will no longer activate 222's or 211's on a new account.

Dish outdoor rep says the 222 is obsolete and can't be activated. He went on to say that the 211k can be. He suggested I purchase a Wally for the main tv and use the 211K in the bedroom.

Wally's and 211's can't be on the same account. See above comment.

If the Wally is free and clear and can be activated then that would probably be your only option from your list. If you get another Wally you can then watch on two TV's from a WA DPP dish.

Good luck and :welcometo the forum.

Dish says the Wally is tied to an account so that's a no go, but he also checked the VIP211K and that is clear to use, so I'll buy a new wally for the main tv and use the 211 on the second tv.

In my next post I'm going to show the dish and LNBF I have, I need help to identify what I have .
As JSheridan mentioned earlier, you can’t have a 211K and a Wally on the same account...

As JSheridan mentioned earlier, you can’t have a 211K and a Wally on the same account...
Then the dish rep doesn't know his own products limitations, is this common from a dish rep?

Will the Wally' s work with the dish I posted? I'm afraid to call Dish and ask, if they are going to provide incorrect information.

Then the dish rep doesn't know his own products limitations, is this common from a dish rep?

Will the Wally' s work with the dish I posted? I'm afraid to call Dish and ask, if they are going to provide incorrect information.

Dish 'Outdoors' isn't really Dish, it's a company called Pace International which is also a Dish retailer. They often provide incorrect information.

The Wally's will work with the dish in the picture which is a 1000.2 eastern arc. There is a small problem though. It looks like there might be moisture inside the LNB lenses in your picture. If that's the case it could cause a problem with your signals.

upload_2019-6-20_18-48-57.png

Frankly, you are much more likely to get accurate information here than from CSRs. They aren’t trained that well and maybe don’t even have Dish service.

Now, if DIRT comes back here, you can take their word to the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Dish 'Outdoors' isn't really Dish, it's a company called Pace International which is also a Dish retailer. They often provide incorrect information.

The Wally's will work with the dish in the picture which is a 1000.2 eastern arc. There is a small problem though. It looks like there might be moisture inside the LNB lenses in your picture. If that's the case it could cause a problem with your signals.

View attachment 139268

Go figure!
When I called to ask about all this I got the phone number right off the Dish corporate web site, the rep I talked to transferred me to what she said was their RV department.

Eastern arc. So how far west could I travel before it became useless. . We rarely travel to the upper northeast and want to have what will give us the largest coverage area in the USA using a tripod setup. We do have plans to travel the western states in the next few years.

Do the western arc LNB's all have 3 horns?

Thank You JSheridan

Jay

Reactions: charlesrshell
Go figure!
When I called to ask about all this I got the phone number right off the Dish corporate web site, the rep I talked to transferred me to what she said was their RV department.

Eastern arc. So how far west could I travel before it became useless. . We rarely travel to the upper northeast and want to have what will give us the largest coverage area in the USA using a tripod setup. We do have plans to travel the western states in the next few years.

Do the western arc LNB's all have 3 horns?

Thank You JSheridan

Jay

Yes, the western arc LNB's all have 3 horns for 110, 119 and 129 satellites.

If you'll be traveling west you should probably have a western arc LNB although it's a better idea to have both eastern and western and you can use whichever one is more appropriate for where ever you are.

If you have a good local Dish retailer you probably should contact them for the best information and equipment.

You're welcome Jay, anytime. That's what we're here for. :)

HWS issues

OTA Guide information missing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)