Questions from a friend

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
So my friend has a vip211 that he wants to use for ota (without service) and dish scapes (not required to have dish scapes though) and once he connected the receiver to his sat (500dpp) he let it update etc.. he plugged in his antenna and it found his channels but this is where the problem came, when he tries to go to any of the ota chs and I think dish scapes it will not allow him to view it and it gives him an error saying program not authorized or something like that, does anyone know how to fix or is this just a problem with the 211?

When you say without service, do you mean the receiver has no authorization and he's using it as a pass through for OTA?
No, the receiver has no service as he isn’t paying for dish but he is using the vip to play ota as the 211, 211k, 222, 622, and 722 all have dedicated ota tuners built in, but for some reason he is getting a programming not authorized messege on ota channels when he shouldn’t as I’ve done the same with a 722 and a 211k and it worked just fine without service

Reactions: charlesrshell
Okay, so he's using it as a pass through for OTA. We're testing this now and will report back with results.
Ok thanks and it seems I miss understood what you where saying as usually when people say pass through they mean it passes it through to the tv tuner which is not what these receivers do but what the dish player dvrs like the 512 do

We attempted with OTA on a deactivated 211k that did not have locals scanned in previously: Unable to get to Local Channels option in Menu. Gives 024 error. Reset with OTA in, same result.

If you have the receiver ID and want to message me, I can check.

We attempted with OTA on a deactivated 211k that did not have locals scanned in previously: Unable to get to Local Channels option in Menu. Gives 024 error. Reset with OTA in, same result.

If you have the receiver ID and want to message me, I can check.
Ok thanks, I’ll messege you when u get the numbers from him, as for service u don’t think it matters as I’m able to do it just fine with my 211k I have purchased and not activated yet

Question about ViP 211 and 211k Support for Vacation Home

Need advice.