Questions/Concerns with new 922

TexanAviator

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Texas
Hi all, hope I can get some help and answers on a few issues.

My first question is with the 922, am I able to record two things at once AND use Sling? Or will it prompt me to cancel the recording like it does when trying to watch a third channel on the 722 (with 2 recordings going).

Next up... I was just recording Conan. Indications were green/red lights on TV1, TV2 was blank. I accessed Sling on my iPhone 4 and now for some reason my screen skipped a bit when I disconnected and now only has a small box for the video in the upper left corner, very strange (see photo below).

I am just confused as to how the two tuners work and what indications I should be getting from them in different situations. I.E One recording going (green/red on TV1?) and then Two recordings going, which I have now is still only giving me a gree/red indication on TV2.... I would have thought that the second recording would be using TV2 somehow.

My settings for Record Plus is Enabled, TV2, Disable... Is that correct?

Anyways, any help and clarification greatly appreciated.

edit- I unplugged the DVR for about 30 second and let it cycle. Video went back to normal and picked my two recordings back up. TV1 is still green/red. Accessed Sling on my iPhone and TV2 went to blue/pink. Are these normal indications? I just got the system yesterday and Sling finally started working, perhaps it just needed a hard reboot? I am concerned that the left and right of the video are cut off on my iPhone even if I zoom it out.

5239842773_d9edbbe470_z.jpg

Last edited:
One more issues just came up. Recording Fallon and Family guy. I hit DVR to switch to Fallon since Nicole Kidman was coming on, haha, and the screen just went blank. No sound, no video. Went back and fourth from Fallon to Family Guy and nothing. Finally went to a previously recorded program and it fixed it. I tried both "Live TV" and "Start Over" on each current recording and neither worked.

Welcome to the exciting world of the 922. :rolleyes:

These symptoms you describe are some of the reasons why I swapped my 922 out for a new 722k last week. I had a 922 from May of this year till earlier this month. It never worked well for sling and I even couldn't sling at all using remote access a couple of weeks ago, which prompted a replacement receiver to be sent to me by DISH. I didn't accept it from U.P.S. because the sling feature started working again a day later. The extra monthly cost of the 922 at $4.00 didn't make me love the 922 either. Especially for a sling feature that didn't ever work like it was supposed to. Now the menus, channel logos, extra hard drive space is nice ,but the other features that attracted me to buying a 922 in the first place were deleted: sling in hd to tv2 using the sling extender & the built in web browser for google. It didn't help that the 922 suffers from the " tv 2 stopped recording/ deleted recording" bug. This made it impossible for me to record 4 shows at a time without a random failure. This is what finally soured me entirely on the 922 and I swapped it back out from the online retailer I bought it from. If you keep the 922 you will have to get used to the quirky behavior and get used to paying more than the 722k + sling adapter subs do just for the sling feature.

Bringing a reciever to college?

old dish network turbo hd satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)