Questions about ordering E* + 942

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I'm thinking about ordering E* with the 942 lease plan. I have 1 HDTV and 2 SDTV's. I was trying a "fake" order from the E* website and came up with a couple of questions:

1) The website tells me that the 1st & 2nd room would be covered by the 942 and the 3rd room by a 510. My question is: how do the 2nd TV gets connected to the 942? coax?

2) On the monthly equipment fees, it looks like I would be charged:

DVR Fee: 4.98
DVR Fee: 4.98
DHA (2 receiver): 5.00

I'm assuning that the 2 times DVR fee is because 2 TV's are connected to the 922, correct?

3) On the monthly Programming charges, it looks like they will charge me 9.99 for the HD pack. I though they'll give it free for 6 months.

1. Coax to TV2

2. The two DVR fees cover (1) 942 and (1) 510.

3. If the 1/2 off HD pack is still in affect, you'll be charged full price, then credited 1/2 off per month for 12 months.

My thought... Why have another DVR, let alone a 510 instead of a two tuner 522? I'd push for a second HD receiver so you can watch HD programming on your third TV. Just tell them you intend on going HD with that TV.

I just signed up with Dish the other night. The HD pack is free for six months and the $4.98 DVR fees are waived if you get the America's Everything Pack. I ordered a 942 and a 522. You also get a 3 month discount on the Everything Pack.

Gerry:
Thanks for your response. A couple of comments.

1) That was what I was afraid of. Running a coax from the 1st to 2nd room can be quit a challenge at my home. Because of the layout, the only possibility would be to run it through the crawl space. would the installer do that without extra-charge?

2) I didn't realize that the 510 was a DVR. I don't want another DVR. I couldn't get around the ordering system to change it into a receiver. I wonder if they don't allow it, I guess I'll have to call to find out.

3) Actually, the ad on the website says 6 months of free HD pack (not 1/2 price). Again, I'll have to call.

Correct, HD pack is free for 6 months for new customers.

Exisiting customers adding the HD pack get a $5 credit for 12 months.

there in lies the difference

OK Guys, I did it, I pulled the trigger with the 942. Just got off the phone with E* CSR and ordered. I got the America's Everything for the price of the Top-120 for 3 mos, waived the DVR monthly fee and the HD pack free for 6 mos. Also, I'll be getting $30 rebate for Cinemax + $25 for Starz after the 1st 3 mos. So, assuming that I don't do changes my Total bill would be:

1-3 mos: 81.99
4-6 mos: 91.98
6-? mos: 101.98

Installation is on the 25th.

WTF? Dish CSR's!!!!!!!!

522 Remote (IR) for 501

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)