Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Babadem,

I noticed that you have mentioned a few times that you have and that you are using a Mini-Bud.

What is exactly is consider a Mini-Bud. I am aware that a 36" disk is the minimum requirement for receiving K/u band satellite signals, and also that for receiving C band satellite signals you must have at least a 6' dish.

With that said, what is the minimum requirement in dish size and what other equipment and hardwear would be good to use as a setup for a Mini-Bud.

Is the purpose of a Mini-Bud satellite system is to receive K/u or C band satellites signals.

Thank You.

avenger.

Well, whenever I have referenced Mini-Bud, I mean using a 1.2m dish size or less to receive C-band satellite signals. In addition to using a smaller dish size, you'll need a C-band LNB and a Scalar Cone to pull in the signals. It should be noted that you may only receive the strongest signals using this method, as the weaker signals will not be picked up by a Mini-Bud setup. You need at least a 6ft dish to really enjoy C-band. I've still not had time to setup my bargain 6ft dish from WSI.

Here is a thread about using a 1.2m dish to receive C-band by qwert1515.

Thanks Babadem,

Did all the radings on the thread you suggested, and was able to understand much better what I was asking earlier. I have an offset K/u dish and might try to see if I can do something with it and maybe get it to work as a Mini-Bud.

Got to figure out how to rig and attach a scalar ring to this dish arm.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Openbox s9 lnb voltage when receiver is off

S10 "Out of Range" Message??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)