Question about installing additional receivers.

impeachme2

Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
I would like to setup a system with DirecTV or Dish Network, and setup additional receivers so I will not have to pay their extra programming fees. Is this possible? If I buy a receiver configured for either DirecTV or Dish Network and set it up on a correctly configured system (on multiswitches, diplexers, and such), will I be able to use these additional receivers? If that is possible, what stops anyone from buying old DirecTV or Dish Network receivers from stealing satellite tv? I was also wondering what the purpose of having the antenna/coaxial cable run from the ground to the system. Is it for local channels? Is this entirely necessary?

The system I would like to setup would be for 8 televisions.

Thank you!

There is no legal way to have additional receivers without paying additional fees.

impeachme2 said:
If I buy a receiver configured for either DirecTV or Dish Network and set it up on a correctly configured system (on multiswitches, diplexers, and such), will I be able to use these additional receivers? If that is possible, what stops anyone from buying old DirecTV or Dish Network receivers from stealing satellite tv?
The receivers will receive the signal and probably display the barker channels. You will not be able to "use" them in any other way until they are attached to a valid subscription and the authorization command has been sent to them over the satellite stream, thus incurring additional receiver fees to that account.

impeachme2 said:
I was also wondering what the purpose of having the antenna/coaxial cable run from the ground to the system. Is it for local channels? Is this entirely necessary?
Not necessary in most cases, unless you're running over-the-air or cable through the satellite box, through VCR, etc. to the TV and viewing everything on, say, channel 3 or 4. If you are using any kind of S-video/RCA-plug setup you are most likely running OTA/cable directly to the tv or other input device and bypassing the satellite box.

impeachme2 said:
Thank you!
You're welcome!

Starz/Encore

Voom Installer Seeking Work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)