Question about getting extra receivers

WakeBdr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Cumming, GA
I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I've searched and was unable to find the answer.

I just scheduled a 522/322 4 tv install. If I want to add another receiver to the mix, will I have to pay any monthly fees for this receiver? If I lease it, I'm sure I will, but what about if I provide my own receiver?

You'll be paying additional fees based on this schedule:

522 Tuner 1: First Receiver Free
522 Tuner 2: $4.99/month Additional Receiver Fee*
522 DVR Fee: $4.98/month
322 Tuner 1: $4.99/month Additional Receiver Fee
322 Tuner 2: $4.99/month Additional Receiver Fee*
Additional Receiver: $4.99/month Additional Receiver Fee

At this point, you would hit your 6 receiver limit.

*Waived if receiver continuously connecting to your home phone line

chaddux said:
You'll be paying additional fees based on this schedule:

522 Tuner 1: First Receiver Free
522 Tuner 2: $4.99/month Additional Receiver Fee*
522 DVR Fee: $4.98/month
322 Tuner 1: $4.99/month Additional Receiver Fee
322 Tuner 2: $4.99/month Additional Receiver Fee*

At this point, you would hit your 6 receiver limit.

*Waived if receiver continuously connecting to your home phone line
Your close on DHA accounts the fee is $5.00 even no $4.99 and if tuner 2 on each receiver is connected to the same phone line 24/7 there is no fee. Under DHA you can only lease 4 TUNERS you must purchase any additional receivers with a maximum of 6 tuners on a DISH Network account. The first receiver isn't free the $5 lease fee is built into the programming package price.

Actually, not necessarily. If you go through a retailer with a lease, my payment schedule is correct because there is no rental fee charged and the first receiver is, based on the programming price, free since it is technically a programming charge.

Again, thanks for the info. The rep I talked to told me I could go with a 522 and two single tuner receivers, but the third receiver would incur a $5 charge as opposed to no charge with a 322.

It sounds like you were misinformed. Each tuner in the 522 and 322, for billing purposes, are two different receivers. The first tuner on each is billed (or included in the programming charge) and the second tuner is only billed if not connected to a phone line. If you had a 522 and two single receivers, each individual receiver would incur a 4.99 charge.

cam id

EDTV with 811

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts