Question about antenna tilt...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
I put together my new D* triple LNB antenna today... I am not ready to install and align it yet but I wanted to roughly put it together and learn a little bit about what will be involved when I do align it with a receiver on the other end... I went through the entire D* assembly, install and alignment procedure and they provide reasonable detail about both the elevation and the azimuth alignment... But they say next to nothing about tilt... The dish comes out of the box with the tilt set to 90 which means no tilt... All they say in the book is that on the east coast there might be the need to go through a tilt peaking procedure similar to say an azimuth peaking procedure but since I live on the West Coast, that would seem not to apply... The picture of the receiver screen they show in the alignment procedure, the one that shows a value (based on zip code) for azimuth, elevation and tilt DOES show a tilt value. All the pictures I have seen always show that tilt value to be 102, seemingly sort of independent of zip code??? At least for zip codes that aren't in the East?? But I went through the entire procedure and no where did it tell me to loosen the tile adjustment screws and move it from 90 to 102... The procedure is detailed enough that if they wanted me to adjust the tilt to 102 as a rough set up, it would seem that there would have been a line that said to do that... In other words, other than seeing several pictures in the procedure that show a tilt value (on a receiver/tv screen) of 102, and beyond mentioning that on the East coast Tilt adjustments might be required, I see no procedure statement that says "move the tilt to 102"... So help me out... What am I missing???? I live in the 94583 area code... What should I do with the tilt setting for a triple LNB oval dish??? Thanks... diitto...

your info differs with what D*'s dish pointer provides???

When I use the dish pointer that is on the D* site itself, it provides an azimuth of 131.7, elevation of 41.1 and no mention of tilt at all for my zip code of 94583????? Does the lack of any tilt mention at all in their dish pointer mean it is outdated??? That it is not intended for use with the newer triple LNB antennas??? And your azimuth and elevation values are different than what I get with the D* dish pointer... Any thoughts on why that would be??? I'm learning but it's slow.... thanks.. diitto...

diitto said:
When I use the dish pointer that is on the D* site itself, it provides an azimuth of 131.7, elevation of 41.1 and no mention of tilt at all for my zip code of 94583????? Does the lack of any tilt mention at all in their dish pointer mean it is outdated??? That it is not intended for use with the newer triple LNB antennas??? And your azimuth and elevation values are different than what I get with the D* dish pointer... Any thoughts on why that would be??? I'm learning but it's slow.... thanks.. diitto...

No, what it means is the dish pointer on the D* website is designed for the 18" round dish with a dual output LNB. It points directly at the 101 sat, while the oval 3 satellite dish is centered on the 110 satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RealMadrid TV (English) on DirecTV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)